Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Hello, Brooklyn

I've lived in NY for 28 years now. In real life, I've probably seen the Brooklyn Bridge from every possible angle. On movies and TV, I've watched lots of dramatic moments happen on the bridge. (# 1 favorite/most dramatic: Miranda and Steve reunite at the end of Sex and the City: The Movie, # 2 favorite/most absurd: Ramona makes a string of increasingly and terribly mean comments to Bethenny in Real Housewives NY).

Anyway, after 28 years of watching from afar, I finally walked across the bridge myself!

My wonderful friends Mallie, Nick, Elliott, and  Hayley met me on the Manhattan side early Sunday morning. We were lucky enough to get a beautiful, sunshiney morning. The views of the city and Brooklyn were just unbelievable, and it was fun to share the walk with both gawking sightseers and exercisers alike. How amazing would it be to have your morning jog or bike ride take you over the Brooklyn Bridge! We were more of a strolling type of group, but we all managed to work up a healthy appetite for a delicious brunch at "Bubby's Brooklyn."

And, I am happy to report that not one single mean comment was exchanged along the way (unlike Ramona and Bethenny).

Me and Mallie, still friends on the Brooklyn side.
 Love you Mall, and thanks for the great pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment