Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Make Your Own Cooking Class

Next goal up  -  Cook a different recipe once a month for a year.

I wouldn’t say that I’m a bad cook, but my repertoire is definitely limited.  Limited, and also a little odd – my expertise includes tofu stirfry, eggplant parmigiana, and a delicious apple crumble pie. I find myself making the same things over and over, and many days, feeling bored with my choices and calling for delivery.  But now I’m trying to eat healthier and depend less on take-out, so it seems like a good idea to master some new meals.

My DIY cooking classes started tonight with a recipe I found online for Skillet Cajun Spiced Flounder. (Although I made it with tilapia instead of flounder because I had some in the freezer.)  The recipe was so easy, and so delicious! It had just a little bit of a kick to it, and totally tasted like summer.  I made some brown rice with it, and sauteed spinach with garlic on the side. 

Recipe #1: success - but next month I have to work on my plating!

No comments:

Post a Comment