Monday, June 25, 2012

Make a Friend With a Boat: Part III

New friends!
Magical things can happen when watermelon margaritas and Zac Brown Band are involved. While I was enjoying both of these things this weekend, I met my very own, delightfully Southern, friend with a boat!

Okay, so the boat is on a lake somewhere in Georgia, but my new friend Mary Raines said that I can totally come hang out on the boat whenever I’m in the South. She also promised me that if I do move to the South, there will be plenty of cute, straight, gentlemanly men who will be just dying to marry me and have lots of blue eyed babies. As long, she added, as I don’t mind moving to the South.

Well, that is NO problem, new friend!

I’ve always believed that my soul is Southern.  And I can totally picture myself going to the South -- a New Yorker who doesn’t quite fit in at the beginning of the story, but ends up falling in love and line dancing in a dive bar by the end. Um, so, pretty much just like Reese Witherspoon in Sweet Home Alabama, minus the part where she’s actually from Alabama to begin with. But, the point is that my Southern story would end with a happily ever after, maybe some sweet tea, pecan pies, and homemade wine... and also, definitely, a boat.

No comments:

Post a Comment